Artisan Cheese & Meats Hamper
Our Luxury Artisan Cheese & Meats hamper features a selection of outstanding British Cheeses, Crown & Queue cured meats, a traditionally made Apple & Ale chutney and an Italian black olive & porcini mushroom pate. This really is the perfect gourmet Christmas gift! Please see full description below for details on each item and their makers.
Delivery: This hamper contains fresh items and is available for pre-order now with FREE delivery between Monday 15th December and Thursday 23rd December. All items are guaranteed to stay fresh until Boxing Day at the earliest.
Find Out More
This hamper contains the following items:
- A selection of Crown & Queue premium cured meats:
- - Mother's Ruin Sausage (135g) - High-Welfare Heritage Breed Pork with Fennel, Juniper & Renegade Winery's Chardonnay
- - Lincoln Imp Sausage (85g) - High-Welfare Heritage Breed Pork with Garlic, Sage, Dried Fruit & Kernel Brewery's Export Stout
- - Devil's Mortar Spreading Sausage (180g) - High-Welfare Heritage Breed Pork with Cayenne, Dried Tomatoes and Anchovy Oil
- A selection of artisan cheeses, hand-picked by the Cheese Merchant:
- - Lancashire Bomb (200g): Maturing over two years, it’s a creamy, full flavoured cheese
- - Cropwell Bishop Stilton Pot (100g): A traditional, hand-ladled Stilton, it’s smooth, creamy and complex
- Artisan Apple & Ale Chutney (205g)
- Made in the Wye Valley, this Apple and Ale Chutney is packed with apples, dried fruit and ale. The Preservation Society soak the fruit overnight in ale and spices and cook it low and slow.
- Italian Black Olive & Porcini Mushroom Pate (180g)
- A delicate Italian spread perfect for bruschetta and to compose a festive cheese board alongside the cheeses and meats paired in this hamper
The People Behind The Presents
Crown & Queue
Adrienne Treeby launched Crown & Queue to champion the best of British meat. Using only lovingly-raised British Heritage pork and as many indigenous, locally-grown, ingredients as they can, their dry-cured sausages are going to taste different than any you’ve ever had - rather than try to imitate continental flavours, Adrienne sets out to incorporate distinctly British flavours into her meat. In her words:
"We have amazing pigs, fantastic herbs, great beer and delicious wine – so why go elsewhere for ingredients or inspiration?"
You can watch Adirenne at work in this video!
The Preservation Society
From her kitchen in The Wye Valley, Wales, Angharad Underwood makes her preserves traditionally, in small batches using the open pan method and plenty of time. Many of her recipes are those handed down from her her Grandmothers, and most batches take about 6 hours to cook before the jars are hand filled, hand lidded and labelled. The care, attention and love that goes into each jar comes out in the phenomonal products she produces.
Her Apple & Ale Chutney is the perfect example - apples and dried fruits are soaked overnight in ale and spices before being cooked low and slow. The result is a chutney that brings out the best in every cheese!
Read all about Angharad's remarkable story in our Meet the Vendor profile.
The Cheese Merchant
The Cheese Merchant was founded by George Lang in 2017, who grew up on a dairy farm in Somerset. Having trained at a Michelin-star restaurant as a chef, he quickly saw the need for supplying the highest quality produce with the best possible service, at all times.
From traditional Somerset cheddar to the first British buffalo mozzarella, The Cheese Merchant are proud to offer a huge range of cheese and dairy products sourced directly from artisan producers around the UK. Their craft cheesemakers are passionate about fresh and quality produce, ensuring you are getting the very best.
The team are committed to sourcing responsible ethical products, and the fair treatment of animals is paramount. Each and every one of their producers keep the highest animal welfare standards.
Luca and Nicola Pagliaro lived and worked in Italy for 15 years. Upon returnng to the UK 7 years ago, they were unable to find the healthy, natural Italian food & wine that they had fallen in love with. So, they set up Vorrei, the family-run online Italian food retailer, specialising in bringing the culture of great tasting, authentic Italian food & drink to the UK.
Italian culture is centred around taking time to savour and enjoy food. Vorrei supports the Slow Food Movement - an initiative that was founded in Italy to counter the rise fast food culture and promote a better way to eat - and many of their products have Slow Food certification.
All of their products are ethically sourced from small-scale farmers who are committed to sustainable farming practices.
They sell Italian food that is good for customers, good for the people who grow it, and good for the environment.
Discover the UK’s first range of Shop Small Christmas Hampers!
What makes Pantree's Shop Small hampers unique is that, despite arriving together in one beautiful package delivered by us, shoppers are actually purchasing the products directly from our carefully curated Partner Vendors. This means that by choosing a Pantree hamper this Christmas, you are directly supporting the artisans and small businesses behind these incredible products.