Butternut Squash Fried Brown Rice
A simple, cozy dish that packs so much flavour and feels perfect for a light weekday meal. Our favourite thing is topping it with soft-boiled eggs!
- 1/2 butternut squash, diced into medium cubes
- 3 cups cooked brown rice, cooked according to pack instructions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 handful chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Olive oil, salt and pepper to taste
- To serve: soft-boiled eggs
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200C/180C Fan. Add the butternut squash cubes to a lined baking tray and drizzle with the honey, 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season generously with salt and black pepper and mix up to evenly coat the cubes.
2. Bake the squash for 10mins and turn up the oven to 220C grill (or increase the temperature by 30C if no grill function). Bake for another 10-12mins until deep golden. Set aside.
3. Finely chop the garlic. Heat up a large frying pan over medium heat and fry the garlic in olive oil for 1-2mins until aromatic. Add the cooked brown rice, season generously with salt and pepper and fry for 5mins, stirring constantly.
4. Lower the heat. Add the butternut squash, finely chopped parsley and lemon juice. Mix it all together and serve in deep bowls.
5. Optional: Top with soft-boiled eggs, more parsley and some sea salt flakes. Enjoy!