Pumpkin Spiced Old Fashioned Mocktail
A Winter favourite using Three Spirit Nightcap, with a homemade pumpkin syrup, finished with a few dashes of Angostura bitters and garnished with caramelised pumpkin slices. Perfect for the Christmas season..
Makes 1 non-alcoholic cocktail
- 50ml Nightcap by Three Spirit
- 10ml pumpkin spice syrup
- 3 dashes angostura bitters
- To serve: plenty of ice (crushed ice is recommended)
- To garnish: orange peel and cherries or caramelised pumpkin slices
- 1. For the roast pumpkin flesh, cut a pumpkin in half and scrape out the seeds (roast these separately for a delicious snack!). Lightly salt the flesh and place cut side down on a baking tray. Roast in oven for 30-45 minutes or until the flesh pulls easily from the skin, or a knife easily slides into the skin in several places. Use a spoon to scrape the roast pumpkin flesh into a bowl ready for use.
- 2. For the pumpkin spice syrup, heat water, sugar and 200g pumpkin flesh together in a saucepan, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- 3. Take off the heat and use a hand blender at this point to puree the pumpkin. Return pan to the heat, add spices and bring to simmering. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- 4. Allow to cool to room temperature. Put a tea towel in a sieve and pour syrup through it to remove any unwanted flesh. Stir to help push it through. Store in the fridge.
- 5. Add 50ml nightcap, the pumpkin syrup and bitters to a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well and pour the liquid onto a tumbler with new ice cubes.
- 6. Garnish with orange peel and cherries, or a caramelised pumpkin slice. Enjoy!