Turkey & Cashew Nut Stir-Fry with Rice Noodles
30-Minute Thursdays couldn't kick off in a better way than with this super easy and packed full of flavour stir-fry
- - 400g turkey mince
- - 150g flat rice noodles
- - 1 medium carrot
- - 80g fine green beans or runner beans
- - 3 cloves garlic
- - 1 red chilli
- - 1 handful toasted cashew nuts
- - 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- - 1 tablespoon fish sauce (optional)
- - 3 tablespoons sesame oil (or any other vegetable oil)
- - Salt to taste
- - To serve: 1 lime, a few thai basil leaves
- 1. Start by prepping the vegetables: slice the carrots into sticks, julienne style. Trim the ends of the beans and slice them in half vertically. Finally dice the garlic. Set aside.
- 2. Cook the rice noodles according to the pack instructions.
- 3. Heat up a wok or deep frying pan over medium heat. Add half the sesame oil, season the mince with a generous pinch of salt and fry the mince until cooked and slightly caramelised. Remove it from the wok.
- 4. With the wok still hot, add the other half of the sesame oil, fry the garlic for 1min or until aromatic and add the carrots and green beans. Fry for 2-3mins (they should still be crunchy) and add the soy sauce and fish sauce, if using.
- 5. Add the mince back to the wok and the stir all the ingredients together. Lastly, add some finely sliced red chillies and cook for a final minute.
- 6. Plate a portion of noodles and top with the mince. Finish with a few thai basil leaves and a wedge of lime. Enjoy!