Turkey & Cashew Nut Stir-Fry with Rice Noodles
30-Minute Thursdays couldn't kick off in a better way than with this super easy and packed full of flavour stir-fry
- 400g turkey mince
- 150g flat rice noodles
- 1 medium carrot
- 80g fine green beans or runner beans
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 red chilli
- 1 handful toasted cashew nuts
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (optional)
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil (or any other vegetable oil)
- Salt to taste
- To serve: 1 lime, a few thai basil leaves
1. Start by prepping the vegetables: slice the carrots into sticks, julienne style. Trim the ends of the beans and slice them in half vertically. Finally dice the garlic. Set aside.
2. Cook the rice noodles according to the pack instructions.
3. Heat up a wok or deep frying pan over medium heat. Add half the sesame oil, season the mince with a generous pinch of salt and fry the mince until cooked and slightly caramelised. Remove it from the wok.
4. With the wok still hot, add the other half of the sesame oil, fry the garlic for 1min or until aromatic and add the carrots and green beans. Fry for 2-3mins (they should still be crunchy) and add the soy sauce and fish sauce, if using.
5. Add the mince back to the wok and the stir all the ingredients together. Lastly, add some finely sliced red chillies and cook for a final minute.
6. Plate a portion of noodles and top with the mince. Finish with a few thai basil leaves and a wedge of lime.